400+ Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics
10 Motivational Persuasive Speech Topics
- School leaders must shape high-achieving learning curricula for students.
- Set a clear goal and devote all your positive energy toward reaching it.
- What to do for people who have no motivation to live a happy life.
- The art of moral imagination is the key to intellectual and spiritual development.
- Why it is hard to follow your dream.
- What keeps most of us from following the voice of your heart when it comes to love or even discovery traveling?
- Overcome your stage fright and fear of public speaking.
- Begin with forming a moral tool set when children are young and build further when they are at least 18 years old.
- Aim straightforward in whatever project you undertake, and emphasize and evaluate what you want to achieve often in between the completed parts of the total planning.
- Prudence is an effort you can turn non-believers into believers in your plans.
6 Music Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why the French horn should be played more.
- Should schools allow uncensored songs at school dances?
- How listening to music could improve your day.
- Why music is beneficial to society.
- MP3 music should be free.
- Rock music is better than Country & Western.
6 National Security Persuasive Speech Topics
- Are intensive security screenings essential for those who travel in airplanes?
- Negotiating with terrorists is sometimes justifiable.
- Should police carry firearms?
- Homosexuals belong in the military.
- Women benefit from the military in many ways.
- Should police carry toy guns?
10 Politics Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should it be legal for politicians to accept campaign contributions from corporate lobbyists?
- Why you should vote.
- Ban abusive language in elections.
- Why you should know Bernie Sanders.
- Term limits need to be respected.
- Give Kurdistan back to the Kurds.
- Zimbabwe is the next drama in world politics.
- Central Asian states could become a threat.
- America is not the world’s policeman.
- Globalization pays off.
3 Practical Knowledge Persuasive Speech Topics
- Basic survival skills are important to know.
- Basic camping skills everyone should know.
- Personal hygiene is important for professional success.
7 Psychology Persuasive Speech Topics
- Intelligence depends more on the environment than genetics.
- Human development depends primarily on environmental factors.
- Why we should not see psychologists.
- Why do we need to love and to be loved?
- Can money give you happiness?
- Why introverts make the best public speakers.
- Verbal abuse can be much more destructive than physical.
23 Relationships Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should young people have internet relationships?
- Men and women speak a different language of love.
- Long-distance relationships are possible.
- Why it is important to live together before marriage.
- Teens should live with their friends once a week.
- Jealousy can be a disease.
- Most people say they will break up with a cheating partner, but in the end, most people do not.
- Counseling is the solution for working through relationship problems.
- Intimacy is the key to a successful relationship.
- Women cheat more than men do.
- Interreligious Relationships – Love between two people can never be forbidden.
- Arranged marriages must be outlawed.
- Asking someone to wear a condom shows a lack of trust.
- Celibacy is outdated.
- Cheating isn’t wrong if you do it well.
- Co-workers should never date.
- Dating behavior rules are simple for girls: No means No, not Yes.
- Living together before marriage will lower the divorce rate.
- Men and women speak different languages in love matters.
- People only need one good friend.
- Polygamy should be allowed.
- You will learn most from friends that are different from you.
- Romance works best in the old fashioned way.
8 Religion Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should public schools teach world religions?
- Students should be allowed to pray in school.
- Women should be priests.
- Religious conflict must be avoided.
- Why Islam is a peaceful religion.
- Islamic fundamentalism is not true Islam.
- Religious cults are dangerous.
- Faith in God should be protected.
10 Science Persuasive Speech Topics
- Do you think the United States government should spend more on space programs?
- Why should we be aware of what is happening in outer space?
- Why Pluto should still be considered a planet.
- Mars was the same as Earth in the past.
- Why you should donate your body to science.
- We need more scientific advancements.
- Qualitative research is more preferable than quantitative research.
- Religion and science do not mix. (Or: they do.)
- Scientists have the duty to translate their findings in normal language.
- Theories are useless if they can not be transformed into strategies.
11 Self-Help Persuasive Speech Topics
- Art is a stress reliever and can reduce depression.
- With hard work and determination, anyone can be successful.
- Why we should live life spontaneously.
- Improve your time management.
- Embarrassing moments make you stronger.
- Be true to yourself.
- Dress for success.
- How to continue your personal growth.
- The importance of self- confidence.
- If you don’t give up, you’ll make it.
- Talking to yourself can be beneficial.
10 Society Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should larger passengers be obliged to purchase two plane tickets or two movie tickets?
- Should American families have no more than two children, in order to control population growth?
- Should property owners be obliged to clean the snow from sidewalks on their property?
- Should there be a cop in every bar to make sure people do not drink and drive?
- Do you believe that older people should receive free bus rides?
- Should all citizens of the USA complete one year of community service?
- Do you believe it is time for America to use the metric system?
- Why it should be mandatory for all students to stand for the pledge.
- Do you believe that cities should provide free wireless internet?
- Why living in the country is better than the city.
10 Sports Persuasive Speech Topics
Some sports topics can quickly turn into an argument between fans so keep in mind that special care should be taken with some of the suggested topics.
The term soccer was used to distinguished between soccer and American football, feel free to use the term football for those countries that do not use the term soccer.
- Should some musical groups, such as the marching band and show choir, be considered a sport?
- Do you think cities should have a bike-sharing system?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Why baseball players should take drug tests before playing.
- High school football programs should receive less funding.
- Female sports should be given equal coverage by the media.
- Should drug tests be mandatory for professional athletes?
- Should athletes be paid less?
- Should drug tests be mandatory for school athletes?
- Winning is not as important as trying your best.
28 Technology Persuasive Speech Topics
- Google and other search engines will be the death of libraries.
- Make sure to backup your computer files several times a day.
- What kind of influence will technology have on our future?
- Printing photos is better than keeping them on a computer.
- Do you believe internet censorship is inappropriate?
- Should nuclear power be used?
- How technology will change our lives.
- Internet could do more to free deaf people from their social isolation.
- Should screen time also be limited for adults?
- Why the government should regulate technology.
- Technology is making people less creative.
- Technology has made life better.
- Why Microsoft Word products should be free.
- Why you should not buy an iPhone.
- Anti-piracy software does not work.
- Internet chatrooms are not safe.
- The amount of spam you see in your mailbox is just the tip of the iceberg.
- We are addicted to the internet.
- Put down your phone and connect with people.
- Electronics are making kids lazy.
- How does a search engine work?
- Apple music should be free.
- The importance of the internet.
- Internet gambling needs more regulation.
- Computer literacy should be increased.
- The importance of internet fraud awareness.
- Why selfies are a thing of the past.
- People who say they do not need or want to use the world wide web are insane.
12 Travel Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why you should go to Bermuda.
- Why airline tickets should be cheaper.
- Traveling makes you more open-minded.
- Always report travel complaints as soon as possible when back home.
- Backpacking means every day unexpected adventures if you are open for it
- If there was no tourism there would be much more poverty.
- Support eco-tourism.
- Tourism ruins historical sites and there should be placed warning signs to awake them.
- Extreme air turbulence can be fatal.
- Fly First Class at least once in your lifetime.
- The best way to travel is in a guided group.
- Antarctica should be closed for tourists and scientists
8 Workplace Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should large corporations hire a number of minorities that are proportionate to the population?
- Do you think 14-year-olds should be allowed to hold jobs?
- Why you should choose a high paying job over a fun job.
- Why everyone should work retail once in their life.
- Tipping should be mandatory in restaurants.
- Women make better managers than men.
- The importance of office parties.
- Labor unions should be protected.
3 Bonus Tips for Crafting Your Persuasive Speech
Of course, giving a great persuasive speech requires more than just choosing a good topic. Follow the three tips below to create an outstanding speech that will interest and impress your audience.
Do Your Research
For a persuasive speech, there’s nothing worse than getting an audience question that shows you misunderstood the issue or left an important piece out. It makes your entire speech look weak and unconvincing.
Before you start writing a single word of your speech, be sure to do lots of research on all sides of the topic. Look at different sources and points of view to be sure you’re getting the full picture, and if you know any experts on the topic, be sure to ask their opinion too.
Consider All the Angles
Persuasive speech topics are rarely black and white, which means there will be multiple sides and viewpoints on the topic. For example, for the topic “Should people be allowed to own Pitbulls?” there are two obvious viewpoints: everyone should be allowed to own a pit bull if they want to, and no one should be allowed to own a pit bull. But there are other options you should also consider: people should only own a pit bull if they pass a dog training class, people should be able to own Pitbulls, but only if it’s the only dog they own, people should be able to own Pitbulls but only if they live a certain distance from schools, people should be able to own pit bulls only if the dog passes an obedience class, etc.
Thinking about all these angles and including them in your speech will make you seem well-informed on the topic, and it’ll increase the quality of your speech by looking at difference nuances of the issue.
Know Your Audience
Whenever you give a speech, it’s important to consider your audience, and this is especially true for persuasive speeches when you’re trying to convince people to believe a certain viewpoint. When writing your speech, think about what your audience likely already knows about the topic, what they probably need explaining, and what aspects of the topic they care about most. Also, consider what the audience will be most concerned about for a certain topic, and be sure to address those concerns.
For example, if you’re giving a speech to a Catholic organization on why you think priests should be allowed to marry, you don’t need to go over the history of Catholicism or its core beliefs (which they probably already know), but you should mention any research or prominent opinions that support your view (which they likely don’t know about). They may be concerned that priests who marry won’t be as committed to God or their congregations, so be sure to address those concerns and why they shouldn’t worry about them as much as they may think. Discussing your topic with people (ideally those with viewpoints similar to those of your future audience) before you give your speech is a good way to get a better understanding of how your audience thinks.
Written by English Speeches