400+ Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics
15 Food and Drink Persuasive Speech Topics
- Genetically modified foods should be labeled.
- Do you believe companies who manufacture alcohol should be allowed to advertise on TV?
- Every child should learn to cook.
- Cooking should be taught in schools.
- Should we donate unused food from supermarkets?
- The history of added sugar in our food.
- We should all grow our own vegetables.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- The promise of genetically engineered food.
- Why peanuts are amazing.
- Drink more orange juice.
- Why people should cook.
- Farmers’ markets should be increased.
- Eating organic is good for your health.
- Get artificial hormones out of food.
10 Fun Persuasive Speech Topics
Fun topics are a great way to get people to listen to what you have to say because when they are entertained they listen more carefully. Fun topics also help the speaker be more at ease because the topics are more relaxed. Below follow 100 topics that you can have fun with while persuading your audience.
- Ghosts are not real.
- We all need to be childish.
- Smokers have more acquaintances.
- Music has the power to heal.
- Diamonds are girls’ best friends.
- Couples need to live together before getting married.
- Allow kids to believe in Santa.
- Pick up lines do work.
- The cake does not cake if it is dry.
- Parents must be prepared for the ‘birds and bees’ talk.
10 Funny and Humorous Persuasive Speech Topics
Humour is a fabulous way to get people’s attention. Below are questions and statement topics that can be used to get your points across on a variety of topics.
It is important to remember that there can be a fine line between funny and insulting. So use wit and make it fun without insulting your audience. This would be important to remember with a title like ‘The most dangerous animal out there is a silent woman’.
- Blondes are not as dumb as they look.
- Why funny pick-up lines work.
- Guys gossip more than girls do.
- You should not be Facebook friends with your mom.
- If things go wrong, your horoscope is to blame.
- Students should not have to do a persuasive speech in front of a large audience.
- Millennials should stop wearing spandex yoga pants all the time.
- Dads are more fun than moms.
- Argumentative essays are pointless.
- Shoes that don’t fit right are hazardous to your health.
16 Government Persuasive Speech Topics
- Do you believe there should be stricter federal restrictions regarding content on the internet?
- Should employers be required to post job opportunities on a government-run website?
- The government should provide shelter for the homeless.
- Should the state fund schools run by religions?
- Whose face should be printed on the newest banknote?
- Do you believe Puerto Rico should become a state?
- Our nation’s justice system needs to be improved.
- Should the government have a say in our diets?
- The military budget must be decreased.
- Should people get drug tested for state aid?
- How policy works in local government.
- The government should increase funding for Amtrak.
- Fixing potholes should be a priority of the local government.
- Eminent domain should be used rarely.
- The war on drugs is a failure.
- Zoning laws should be common sense.
10 Health Persuasive Speech Topics
- Female minors should be allowed to get birth control without telling their parents.
- Should stem cell researchers be able to use cells from aborted babies to help cure diseases?
- Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under 16?
- Do you think it would be better if the USA had a universal health care system?
- Do you believe free condoms should be distributed in schools?
- Regular exercise will improve your health.
- Restaurants should post all ingredients to prevent allergic reactions.
- Do you believe fast food should come with a warning label?
- The use of animals in medical research is a necessary evil.
- Seat belts ensure all passengers a safer ride.
10 School Persuasive Speech Topics
School is a whole new world, where students discover more about themselves and life around them. These are topics that students will most likely have to deal with at some point during their elementary, middle, and high school careers.
- High school students should be allowed to have cell phones in school.
- High school students should not have to wear school uniforms.
- All high school students should learn a foreign language.
- Girls should be allowed to play on the boys’ sports teams.
- High school students should be required to do community service.
- Extracurricular activities are important for your future.
- Students should be able to stay up late, even on school nights.
- Peer pressure helps students grow as individuals.
- Students should have healthy food options.
- Students should be paid for getting good grades.
10 College Students Persuasive Speech Topics
The following topics are for college students and about the many different aspects that they will deal with during their time in college.
- College textbooks should be replaced by iPads.
- Mobile phones should be switched off during a lecture.
- College students shouldn’t skip classes.
- Students shouldn’t study something that they are not passionate about.
- Gap years are actually a very good idea.
- Notes should always be taken in class.
- Student loans are expensive and students need to understand what they are getting themselves into.
- Students should get to know other students.
- It’s smart to get the harder classes out of the way first.
- Taking summer classes will help students get ahead of schedule.
10 Teens Persuasive Speech Topics
The following topics are aimed at teens and subjects which are important and matter to teens.
- Teenage girls should be on birth control.
- Teenage boys are lazier than girls.
- Teens should have weekend jobs.
- Homework should not be given.
- Being popular isn’t a good thing.
- Teens are obsessed with scary things.
- Chores shouldn’t be paid for.
- Sex education must be compulsory.
- Exchange student programs for all students.
- Free time gets teens into trouble.
5 History Persuasive Speech Topics
- Did the U.S. Army provide their soldiers drugs during the Vietnam war?
- African- American achievements should be celebrated.
- Why Lincoln was the best President.
- Revisionist history is dangerous.
- The moon landing was a lie.
10 Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics
Interesting topics will always have an audience glued to every word, even when they may disagree with your point of view. Ultimately it is your job to persuade them that your view is in fact correct.
These topics have a mix of simpler speeches such as “Pick up lines do work” here both humor and a few examples of pick up lines have worked will get you going in the right direction. For a speech with a bit more research put into it, there are topics such as “Stem cell research in murder”.
- The standards of beauty are never the same.
- Princess Diana was killed.
- Energy drinks are dangerous.
- School day needs to involve less sitting and more exercise.
- No credit cards for under 25.
- Healthy relationships require conflicts.
- Everyone needs medical insurance.
- Tooth whitening is out of control.
- In future airplanes won’t crash.
- Business should hire more apprentices.
13 International Relations Persuasive Speech Topics
- Do you think it is time for the United States to suspend overseas military operations?
- The U.S. should cut off all foreign aid to dictatorships.
- Why you should volunteer in a developing country.
- Should Scotland be a country of its own?
- China will be the next superpower.
- Is any nation truly independent?
- Should women drive in Saudi Arabia?
- Foreign oil dependence is dangerous.
- Weapons’ disarmament should be increased.
- The war in Iraq was a mistake.
- The United Nations is important in defusing international crises.
- Human rights should be advanced all over the world.
- China will be the almighty economic superpower by 2025.
10 Law Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should those who are caught driving after consuming alcohol lose their driver’s license for one year?
- Should it be illegal to drive while talking on the phone?
- Should illegal music and movie downloads be prosecuted?
- Do you believe illegal immigrants should be allowed to apply for a driver’s license?
- Should motorcyclists have to wear a helmet?
- People over 65 should be required to take a bi-annual driver’s test.
- Should the driving age be raised to 21?
- Should assault weapons be legal?
- Should known gang members be prohibited from public parks?
- Do you think it should be illegal for people to curse on TV during the daytime?
3 Literature Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why reading is more beneficial than watching television.
- Why it is a good idea to read Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Why people need to read more books.
17 Media Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why it’s wrong for the media to promote a certain beauty standard.
- Is the media responsible for the moral degradation of teens?
- Do magazines marketed to teenagers send the wrong message?
- Why Disney should not be making Star Wars movies.
- Why you should study photography.
- Should certain T.V. shows have age restrictions?
- Why the media is to blame for eating disorders.
- The media does not force us to worship false icons.
- Why the Russian should have beat Rocky.
- Television is harmful to children.
- Why comic books are good to read.
- Some TV shows are educational.
- Make TV more educational.
- We need more funding for public television and radio.
- Violence on television should be regulated.
- Cable TV monopolies destroy competition.
- Katniss Everdeen would alienate Harry Potter.
Written by English Speeches